Educating children and plantation at Gandhinagar
“It is our collective and individual responsibility to preserve and tend to the environment in which we live”
The Earth5R team members Ishit Patel, Shreyas Chaudhary, Ketul Patel and Parth Patel, Parisha Thaker, Jay Patel, Pushpak Patel and Siddharth Patel held a plantation drive in sector-20 government school on 13 August 2015. The team along with 8th grade students planted 10 neem saplings in the periphery of the school. The children understood the methodology behind planting the saplings and also buckled up to take care of the saplings.
More than 25% of the medicines we use originate in plants
After planting the saplings the team and the students gathered under the banayan tree to discuss the importance of plants like neem, tulsi, custard apple and lemon. With interactive charts Earth5R team also discussed how use of these plants can help us to be fit and fine in daily routine.
It was a fun filled activity where students and team enjoyed plantation in each other’s company.
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
-Reported by Ketul Patel
- Improving the environmnt of Gandhinagar: Plantation Drive by Earth5R
- Greener and sustainable living on Earth for the future
- Educating Bangalore shopkeepers on Plastic Pollution by Earth5R
- Plantation drive and environmental education at Delhi by Earth5R
- Environmental awareness for children of Hausamau Village Lucknow