Earth5R offers a flexible educational internship for carrying out specific socio-environmental projects. Interns work on an assigned project related to Environmental Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship.
The educational internship includes training, mentoring, outdoor and indoor tasks, submission of project report and performance reviews. Interns will be guided by their mentor/ team leader and will receive relevant study material throughout the internship.
Your major contributions would be via the following activities:
- Conducting Workshops– Visiting residential areas and building awareness under Green Citizens Project, conducting workshops on sustainable living- waste segregation, rainwater harvesting, solar energy, composting, and organic gardening.
- Grassroots activities– Training slum residents, the underprivileged section of the society and people with special needs and disabilities into green livelihood skills.
- Marketing– Advocating and marketing sustainable products and solutions for green living.
- Researching– Researching, problem finding and building sustainable solutions to tackle local environmental issues.
- Networking– Writing proposals, building presentations and conducting meetings with govt. authorities, local municipalities, educational institutions, companies and non-profit organisations to achieve the target of Zero Waste India 2018.
- Project Management Model– Creating new project management models for different locations and understanding area specific issues.
DURATION and PROGRAM FEES
|Duration||Total hours||MISSION||Program fees (INR)|
|3 months||480||To transform localities into Zero Waste, Reduced Poverty and Self-Sustained Ecosystems by breaking the cycle of ever-increasing waste and empowering marginalised communities.
To build case studies and models which will be implemented in an international location ( Opportunity to travel and stay at that particular location at extra costs)
|2 months||320||To reduce poverty by using waste as a resource. Implementation of a sustainability project in a local community and forming a project management model||18000|
To curb plastic pollution in localities, working towards Zero Waste and increasing the green cover.
Environmental Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship Internship+certificate program will focus on:
- Preservation of Biodiversity
- Regenerative Capacity of renewable resource
- Three pillars of sustainability: Economic Development, Social Development, and Environmental Protection- How they interconnect. The triple bottom line in Business
- Design for reusability, recyclability, and low environmental impact
- Shifting the focus from Eco-Efficiency to Eco-Effectiveness
- The implications of human activities on the environment
- The five Rs of Environmental Sustainability- New Urban Values
- From Cradle-to-Grave to Cradle-to-Cradle
- Circular Economy for Environmental Sustainability
- Environmental Toxins in Household, Offices, and other public spaces.
- Cancer and Environmental factors
- Problem-solving and innovative approaches to Environmental Sustainability
- Local Sustainability- Using local materials to develop profitable local enterprises
- Environmental Sustainability practices in (Your country)
- Renewable Energy- Diverse and renewing energy flows
- Sustainable Agriculture- Permaculture, Agroforestry, Mixed Farming, Multiple Cropping, Crop Rotation, Organic farming, and Fair Trading.
Social Entrepreneurship is the attempt to draw upon business techniques to find solutions to social problems. Social Entrepreneurship is a fast-growing transformation around the world now.
By developing and deploying sustainable solutions to pressing social problems, social entrepreneurs improve our communities.
Social Entrepreneurship by Earth5R brings our strength as social change makers to this ever-changing field. You will experience a business education geared to the unique aspects of social impact. This program takes excellence in business thinking and applies it to the social development space.
- Applying system thinking to social issues
- Defining the value proposition
- Agenda for Sustainable Development- The 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainability at the bottom of the pyramid.
- Designing sustainable solutions and Forming an Action Plan
- Shifting from production orientation to a market orientation.
- Case studies- Social entrepreneurs and their Social enterprises
- Developing a social enterprise business plan and a team
- Organizational & Community Communication- How to share the vision
- Financing social ventures
- Measuring social, environmental, and economic impacts
- Understanding common challenges and scaling change
- Developing and implementing Social Innovations
The program combines cutting-edge curriculum, hands-on research work and real-time community work which is the core strength of Earth5R. It focuses on the business skills and community engagement that will help you develop a strong foundation.
You can help to make a real difference in the world with an environmental qualification from Earth5R. This Internship program will give you a broad knowledge of Environmental issues, and you will develop problem-solving with real-time projects and research work.
We think you will find this Internship Program a bonfire of hope during the very challenging environmental problems that face humanity.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Guys let us make this very clear, this will be an experience of a lifetime! We would be surely giving you a volunteering experience, however, it doesn’t end there…we would be taking you on a journey to achieve a sustainable lifestyle, not just for yourself but also for your entire community!
Embark on this mission with us to attain all the 17 SDGs with dedication, motivation and of course loads of fun.
We await your arrival to see you become a part of a bigger picture and a changemaker, making this world a better and a more sustainable place to live in!
- Receive a certificate and letter of recommendation (UNESCO and Plastics in Society Research and Innovation Hub Recognized) on successful completion of the internship.
- Become an eternal member of the Earth5R Family!
(What it covers):
- Curriculum and course.
- Certification and letter of recommendation on successful completion of the internship.
Optional (At an extra cost) :