Environmental Sustainability & Social Entrepreneurship Certificate Course
Earth5R carries a strong emphasis on fundamental knowledge, thorough research practices, and hands-on experience at the community level. It prepares students to be authentic leaders through knowledge and practice.
Earth5R is committed to education that promotes social and economic justice in the urban and rural environment through high-quality learning programs.
Earth5R offers Environmental Sustainability & Social Entrepreneurship Certificate Course (ESSE Course) to students and working professionals who are interested in gaining hands-on knowledge on environmental topics.
- Course material, instructions and mentoring: Online
- Live project assignment: Offline- in your locality within 3 km radius
- The program blends online and offline learning and projects are ongoing. Students receive one on one learning hence there is no concept of a batch. You can start the course at any time. Once you have decided upon the course duration and TYPE, please email your request to join the program mentioning those details along with your resume to community(at)earth5r(dot)org
- Once shortlisted you will be required to pay the fee online. The fee has to be deposited in 100%. Post the payment your course will start.
- Since the projects are local and instructions and course material delivered online students don’t have to visit Earth5R centre for the program.
- The course comes with a high degree of flexibility. The duration mentioned against each TYPE is the minimum duration required to complete the course. The maximum duration to complete the course is one year from the date of enrolment in the course. Towards the end of each week, students are expected to clock in their duration, update the work progress and document their work online on our portal.
Here are the details of the course:
|TYPE A||TYPE B||TYPE C|
|3 Months/ 96 Hours||1 Month or 32 Hours||1 Week/ 8 Hours|
|FEE||Rs 36,000/ $ 550||Rs 15,000/ $ 230||Rs 8,000/ $ 125|
|Live Project Work||Social & Environmental Project Work in the local area (Additional flexible hours depending on the project and learning needs)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|What is Sustainability?||Yes||Yes|
|The five Rs of Environmental Sustainability- Respect, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Restore||Yes||Yes|
|Preservation of Ecosystem and Biodiversity||Yes||Yes|
|Solid Waste Management- Downcycling, Recycling, Upcycling and other Processing||Yes||Yes|
|Three pillars of sustainability: Economic Development, Social Development, and Environmental Protection||Yes|
|Environmental Sustainability practices in (Your country)||Yes|
|Sustainable Agriculture- Permaculture, Agroforestry, Mixed Farming, Multiple Cropping, Crop Rotation, Organic farming, and Fair trading.||Yes|
|Problem-solving and innovative approaches to Environmental Sustainability||Yes|
|From Cradle-to-Grave to Cradle-to-Cradle: Towards Circular Economy||Yes|
|Sustainability Planning and Creating Livable Area for the People||Yes|
|Measuring Environmental Impact and Sustainability||Yes|
|Greenhouse Effects and Global Warming||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|The implications of human activities on the environment||Yes||Yes|
|Fossil Fuels and Environmental Pollution||Yes|
|Assessment of Environmental Impact by Grocery Shopping Bags||Yes|
|Environmental factors and Cancer||Yes|
|Agenda for Sustainable Development- The 17 Sustainable Development Goals||Yes||Yes|
|Case studies- Social entrepreneurs and their Social enterprises||Yes||Yes|
|Examples of Unsustainable Solutions||Yes|
|Measuring social, environmental, and economic impacts||Yes|
|Developing a social enterprise business plan||Yes|
|Organizational & Community Development- How to develop a team and share the vision||Yes|
|Developing and implementing Social Innovations||Yes|
|Financing Social Ventures||Yes|
|Environmental Politics- Domestic and Global Dimensions||Yes|
To enrol for the Certificate Course in Environmental Sustainability & Social Entrepreneurship (ESSE Course) please get in touch with Earth5R via email community(at)earth5r(dot)org