Leadership Program in Sustainability & Climate Change
Earth5R offers a Leadership Program in Sustainability & Climate Change (LPSCC) that included hands-on learning via specific socio-environmental projects.
In modern society, many children and young adults spend most of their free time indoors browsing on their mobile phones, iPad, watching TV, computers, and other electronic devices. Evidence indicates that such isolation from nature could be contributing to stress, anxiety, depression, irritability, difficulty in dealing with change, and excessive body weight. It affects their overall development and social skills.
Environmental scientists have identified that increasing isolation from nature is one of the five major causes of the environmental problems we face. Without an understanding of our utter dependence on nature for food, shelter, clean air, clean water, and many other natural resources and services, we become more likely to degrade our environment.
A leadership program that focuses on sustaining the environment and society, helps youth to reverse such degradation and to contribute positively to the environment and thus to their own well-being.
Under this leadership program students work on an assigned project related to Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship. The program includes training, mentoring, outdoor and indoor assignments, submission of project report and reviews. Students will be guided by their mentor and will receive relevant study material throughout the program.
- Course material, instructions and mentoring: Online
- Live project assignment: Offline- in your locality within 3 km radius
- The program blends online and offline learning and projects are ongoing. Students receive one on one learning hence there is no concept of a batch. You can start the course at any time. Once you have decided upon the course duration and TYPE, please email your request to join the program mentioning those details along with your resume to community(at)earth5r(dot)org
- Once shortlisted you will be required to pay the fee online. The fee has to be deposited in 100%. Post the payment your course will start.
- Since the projects are local and instructions and course material delivered online students don’t have to visit Earth5R centre for the program.
- The course comes with a high degree of flexibility. The duration mentioned against each TYPE is the minimum duration required to complete the course. The maximum duration to complete the course is one year from the date of enrolment in the course. Towards the end of each week, students are expected to clock in their duration, update the work progress and document their work online on our portal.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM DURATION (Flexible)
|TYPE D||TYPE E||TYPE F|
|3 Months/ 96 Hours||1 Month or 32 Hours||1 Week/ 8 Hours|
|PROGRAM FEE||Rs 36,000/ $ 550||Rs 15,000/ $ 230||Rs 8,000/ $ 125|
|Leadership Assignment- Live Project Work ((Additional flexible hours depending on the project and learning needs)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|The Five Environmental Values- Respect, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Restore||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Upcycling, Recycling, Downcycling techniques||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Food Waste to Composting||Yes||Yes|
|Creating Zero Waste Homes||Yes||Yes|
|Solid Waste Management- Downcycling, Recycling, Upcycling and other Processing||Yes||Yes|
|United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (17 Global Goals)||Yes||Yes|
|World Environment Summits||Yes||Yes|
|UNESCO Biosphere Program||Yes|
|Greenhouse Effects and Global Warming||Yes|
|Project ACT Global- Local Sustainability Project||Yes|
|Environmental Blogging- Writing Environmental Articles in Earth Journal||Yes|
|Project Coordination with Global Project Teams||Yes|
|Sustainability Planning and Creating Livable Area for the People||Yes|
|Measuring Environmental Impact and Sustainability||Yes|
|Rainwater Harvesting- Combating Water Crisis||Yes|
|Plantation- How to grow your own food||Yes|
|Developing a Social Enterprise Business Plan||Yes|
|Sustainability Project Planning- Group Work||Yes|
|Delivering EARTH Talk||Yes|
To enrol for the Leadership Program in Sustainability & Climate Change please get in touch with Earth5R via email community(at)earth5r(dot)org
Students who perform well in this program also receive a Letter of Recommendation (LOR). Towards the end of the leadership, program students go through a review process and they receive a Leadership Certificate in Sustainability & Climate Change. The certificate is highly regarded and internationally recognized owing to Earth5R’s track record in the sustainability and climate change space.